Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud involving the offer of fictitious job opportunities
This kind of fraud is normally done through unsolicited emails, online recruitment services such as LinkedIn, bogus websites and even text messages or emails claiming to be from AJT Managed IT Services LTD. The aim of the fraud is to obtain personal information or money. Unfortunately it has come to attention this week that our business has been cloned and there are fake job adverts circulating the internet.
There are a number of things you need to watch out for.
AJT Managed IT Services will NEVER adopt any of the below practices:
- Request money (e.g. for ‘visa fees’, taxes, a percentage of travel expenses).
- Request personal information such as passport and bank account details, often at an early stage.
- Send emails from free web-based email accounts such as Yahoo, Gmail or Live.com.
- Use mobile phone numbers, rather than office numbers.
- Make substantial spelling and grammatical errors.
- Insist on urgency from the outset.
- Use poorly formatted documentation.
AJT Managed IT Services official domains:
Domains we are currently aware of being used to fraudulently represent our business:
We are working with ActionFraud, NameCheap and Nominet to get the website and content removed however this is not an instant thing. We are also carrying out the DRS process with Nominet to hopefully get control of these fraudulent domains.